Friday, October 26, 2012

What I've been doing.

Well, alright. I suck. I think I'm just going to re-title this blog "When I feel like it."

It's not even like I'm soooo busy doing soooo many things and that's why I don't blog. In fact, it's almost quite the opposite. I've got lots, oodles, and scores of free time. I'm just spending it doing pointless things like going to Whole Foods for the fourth time in three days, smoosh-ing my kittens faces together and/or into my face, checking out Pinterest, and making granola (which is a two hour long process even if it only requires 36 seconds of my time).

I just don't blog. Ever. Period.

Any way. Here's how I filled my time:

1. Being awkward.

The other day, the Executive Director at my place of work asked me in passing, "Hey Katie. What's the word?" and I instinctively responded "The bird is the word." Pretty sure I'm not getting a promotion any time soon.


"B-b-b-bird, bird, bird. The bird is the word."















I also said "easy-peasy" to someone at work the other day.

2. Getting presents.

Alan got me tickets to Cirque du Soleil for my birthday! A couple of things. Number 1. I can't wait for my mind to be blown (similarly to Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen in Knocked Up less the mushrooms). Number 2. I'm wondering if I'll see this...















or this


 









What bums me out is the fact that the acrobats in the first picture are probably eight years old. All I was doing at eight years old was picking my nose and watching the Little Mermaid. 

What upsets me about the second picture is the fact that I can barely do more than one push-up and these guys are doing pushups with two humans on top of them with the top guy doing a handstand with one hand. 

I probably should have eaten Wheaties as a kid instead of those gross rice puffs my mom made me eat. Then I really could have made something out of those three gymnastics classes I took when I was seven.

3. I was turning old enough to finally rent a car without having to pay a fee.

Not paying fees? Awesome.
Being the only one not carded at a bar? Not awesome. It's just rude.

4. Not running.

I've only run twice since my half marathon three weeks ago. The second run wasn't so bad, but the first one.... pfft. For the birds.

First of all, I was miserable by my second mile. Second of all, I got side stitches. Third of all, I've always had this irrational fear that if I look into a group of trees when it's dark, I'm going to see someone hanging from them (WHOA. Sorry for bringing the morbid vibe). It's completely irrational. Anyway, it was dark and I was running through a very dense area with no street lights when Pandora cut to a commercial for the movie Sinister. I was even more miserable from that point on.   

Actually, I'm lucky that I was able to listen to music at all since I got this message the first time I started Pandora up:




















Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Boston, Massachusetts wasn't a part of the United States.

Anyway, I'd like to wish myself 'goodluck' on Saturday. 

5. I got this ice-cream maker:
 and my life has been complete ever since.

6. I spent time with my parents.

They were here last weekend for my birthday which was really nice. I made them sleep on an air mattress which I'm sure they appreciated and then made them walk about 5 miles a day which I'm sure they also appreciated. Alan did not appreciate it so much. We walked around the Arnold Arboretum and then I made them take this corny family photo:

Then I made Alan take a picture with me:

Yes. Those are leaves in my hand. Yes. That's Alan's hand on his thigh like a weirdo.

7. I watched the Walking Dead. Finally.

Per usual, I screamed like a little girl, covered my head with a blanket, and yelled "NO NO NO NO NO" and "I HATE THIS SHOW" throughout the whole episode. Finally, after my bajillionth interruption, my Dad asked, "then why do you watch it?" I turned and said, "because it's soooo good!" I'm sure 96% of viewers completely understand and agree with my rationale.

8. I watched my mom and Alan take shots together.

...

9. Continuing to have Extensor tendonitis.

I'm beginning to wonder if 25 is when things start to turn south. I've noticed that my heartburn is picking up in frequency and my knees hurt. Ugh.

That's all.

3 comments:

  1. I can't figure out why the font color is so funky. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hand is on my thigh because my legs were exhausted from A) walking 5 miles a day and B) I had to put the hand somewhere other than on my phone to check the status of my fantasy football team.

    P.S. good luck in your half marathon tomorrow morning. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i could have read the whole blog, couldn't see it. I must be going blind!!!!

    ReplyDelete