Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kittens: Inspired by Kittens

This weekend I went home with my cute boyfriend. I brought home two scarfs, two paintings and two 6-packs of beer and in return gained a kitchen table, 17,000 tomatoes from my aunt's garden (along with peppers, an onion, a mini-watermelon and herbs), a new plant, a mop and can opener, a million cat things*, approximately 14 pounds and homemade chocolate chip cookies from my grandma. Not a shabby deal.

I appreciate all these things minus the 14 pounds (unless someone found me a size XXL Llama Love sweater in which case, thank you Grandma for force feeding me extra everything at brunch and thank you Kristen for not one but two cakes and a dozen cookies and thank you Roycroft Inn for providing me with ample choices of gourmet brunch foods and endless plates for me to eat said foods on).


If you couldn't tell, it was a weekend FULL of eating good food and talking about eating good food (then talking about not eating food ever again) and planning on eating good food since my family operates strictly around our dining room table/ anyone's dining room table/ our stomachs (wait... are we the Huang's?). Mostly I was in a food coma from Friday night until just now.
















The only thing more abundant than carbs this weekend was laughter. My family really is the best. I'd like to thank them for a wonderful weekend and for still loving Alan even though he got Marsala all over my mom's new (creme) blinds.

*In other news, I now have two kittens.


They are 4 month old brothers who were dumped on someone's doorstep.



















WHO DUMPS THIS FACE?



















This is the best picture I was able to get of the other kitten since he has ADHD and won't sit still.

Their names are Walter and Winston (aka Dumpster Buddies) and I loved them instantly. What I love most is that they don't ignore me like my cat at home does but what I love least is that they've been in my apartment for 12 hours and have already broken things and ripped leaves off of my new plant and spread wet soil allllllllllllllllllllll over my floor which they then proceeded to knead it into my new (creme) kitchen chair seats. (Maybe anyone with the last name Loeffler shouldn't decorate their home with anything creme?)

Currently these kittens are at home unsupervised.















Oh, dear God.

PS: For your enjoyment. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD, i got a SHOUT OUT!!!!! Maybe you learned your food loving ways from my fam! Or maybe it's in our genes! xx -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was nature AND nurture! However I learned it, I (but not my jeans) certainly appreciate eating every three seconds when I come to your house. Reminds me of home, haha!

    ReplyDelete